If you need to file a claim, please complete the below steps:
- Within 24 hours of the end date of your rental, please report the issue to Quupe, either through the web chat or by emailing [email protected].
- Reach out to the borrower and see whether the two of you can agree upon a resolution. Borrowers are liable for damage, so it may be quicker and easier for them to pay for the repair or replacement directly with you.
- If the two of you are unable to reach a resolution, or you just prefer not to communicate directly with the borrower for any reason, please let us know. We’ll ask for photos or a video of the item before and after the rental to show the damage.
- If the borrower denies causing the damage and there’s any issue around clarity on what happened, we may ask to have the damage confirmed by a third party — a repair shop, an appraiser, etc. When we’ve established that fault lies with the borrower (rather than a technical issue or a pre-existing fault), we’ll pay you for the damage or a replacement.
- If it’s beyond repair, we will get you a replacement immediately.
Trust is absolutely vital to the Quupe community. We want you to feel safe with us, and as excited as we are about the potential and power of the sharing economy, we want you to be protected against any problems that might turn up. We’ll work with you to make everything as stress-free as can be.
We do not cover any transaction not paid through our platform. So, never accept cash for an item — always make sure the borrower has paid in advance before arranging a meetup with them.